25.2.07

the day the music died...

We were singing,
"bye-bye, miss american pie."

don maclean's song has been going round-n-round in my head all week. yesterday, while i was at the grocery store it was played on the speakers. i decided that i better post it since it's been so prominent for me the last several days.

the video below brought up many, many memories and emotions while i watched it. what got me is that they weren't just photos. i had seen each one as it was originally seen at the time it was live. the one that got me the most? the picture from the kent state killings. that picture literally shook my world. it cemented my belief as a pacifist. human life is the most, if not the only, important thing that exists. no one has a right to it - except you & me.

more than just music died that day...

No comments: