19.3.07

your eyes tell me how you love me...

Can feel it in your heart beat
I know you like what you see
Hold me, I'll give that you need
Wrap your love around me
You're so excited, I can feel you
Getting hotter, oh baby
I'll take you down, I'll take you down
Where no one's ever gone before
And if you want more, if you want more
More, more, more



over the years, i've seen the pointer sisters a few times live. they were always a great show. this past week I spent a week on a cruise through atlantis that was a charter for the lgbt community. it was a ball. there were many t-dances, parties, shows, etc. each with a theme.

the most memorable was the classic disco t-dance. it was also the most popular. it was really interesting that all of the younger crowd instantly were dancing and having a ball.

people have put disco down for a long time. rock fans were at the heart of the movement against it. sadly, it all started right here in chicago with a buffoon radio jock by the name of steve dahl & his infamous "disco demolition" event in 1979 at white sox park. they burnt thousands of disco records and caused a near riot. but disco is still the dance music that gets 'em moving. and steve dahl is a two-bit, second rate radio has-been...

jump was the signature song of the t-dance on the cruise. comedienne shann carr literally choreographed all these guys by the pool and did an esther williams' calvacade getting them to jump into the pool on cue and in formation. it was hilarious. you've never seen 1800 people go absolutely nuts all at once having a good time.

No comments: